Small Business Cloud with Monthly Lease
Our NOVAtime cloud workforce management platform removes the demands of IT by allowing your organization to add complexity or increase capacity on the fly with no added infrastructure investment. The only IT requirement is internet access. Its all about simplifying your life!
- Intuitive design makes it easy for employees to punch and perform self-service functions that will free up HR
- Supervisors can create their own dashboard so they only see relevant information and are able to access it with one-click
- Complete flexibility with an upgrade strategy that grows with your organization
- Monthly fee based on usage with no hidden costs for application upgrades
- Your data is protected in our secure data center for ease of mind
- NOVAtime can be customized to meet even the most complex workforce time management needs
- Available Functionality
The NOVAtime Dashboard is a customizable screen that each manager/supervisor can setup so they only see the data that is relevant to them. The interactive gadgets allow one-click access into the data, saving time and taking away the complexity that sometimes scares them away from maximizing utilization of the solution. Easy, usable and efficient is the best description for this powerful tool.
Timesheet Editing & Approval
The NOVAtime Timesheets feature enables supervisors to review, edit, and approve their assigned employees’ timesheets. Employee punches and attendance exceptions are displayed on the timesheet, as well as on the supervisor’s dashboard for quick corrections as needed. This eliminates the need for supervisors to review individual employee timesheets to find any mistakes, ultimately improving efficiency and allowing supervisors to spend more time performing other management tasks.
- Workflow approval levels
- Audit log to track edits and adjustments
- Note or reason code requirement to prevent or resolve disputes over data changes
The NOVAtime Retro Pay module makes it possible for timesheets of previous pay periods to be edited, without requiring the entire timesheet to be re-processed. When adjustments are made to prior pay periods, the Retro Pay function allows supervisors to pay the employee retroactively by automatically including these adjustments in the next scheduled payroll process.
The NOVAtime Dashboard feature includes an IN/OUT Board gadget, a powerful tool that enables quick identification of all employees who are currently clocked IN, clocked OUT, on leave, etc. The IN/OUT Board is easy to use and can be viewed with various filters. This allows managers, receptionists, and security personnel have instant access to necessary information with just a few keystrokes. The gadget is a great tool for monitoring staff availability and, with NOVAtime’s innovative use of push technology, supervisors are provided with real time information, right at their fingertips.
- User-definable refresh rate for automatic updates of the IN/OUT Board.
- Comprehensive screen that can be sorted by employee name, employee ID, status, last punch time, etc.
- Viewable with status filters (e.g. in, out, lunch, vacation, etc.), group filters (e.g. facility, department, job, etc.), or a combination of both status and group filters.
NOVAtime meets FLSA guidelines and complies with federal, state, and local labor laws and mandates. The NOVAtime FLSA feature enables supervisors and administrators to apply FLSA rules with various configuration options, including OT distribution frequency, premium hours, pay matrix distribution hours, negative adjustment, etc. Additionally, supervisors can set up each employee with the FLSA eligibility setting enabled or disabled.
- Calculation of complex scenarios (e.g. a single employee with different hourly rates for several types of jobs)
- 40-minute threshold (time beyond the threshold is automatically recorded and paid as overtime)
- FLSA Adjustment Summary detailing the weighted average rate, overtime hours, overtime earned, FLSA Earned, and FLSA adjustment
The NOVAtime Scheduler is a complete scheduling feature that is designed to enable the creation and management of both permanent and temporary employee schedules. This provides supervisors with the ability to create a distinct point of reference for employee information, while providing the system with the expected start and end times of various work shifts. The system provides multiple scheduling methods, including a template-based scheduling and a free-form scheduling. It also comes with several powerful schedule copy features that allows you to copy an employee’s schedule to others (crew scheduling) or copy a selected group of employees’ schedules to a set date range.
For the more advanced scheduling needs, our Advanced Scheduling Manager (ASM) product supports automatic generation of rosters, shift giveaways, shift pickups, text and email notification to qualified employees to work on available shifts, etc. It is designed for public safety organizations, such as fire departments, police departments, and public works.
- Creation and maintenance of an unlimited number of employee schedules and templates
- Schedule copying and forwarding
- Budget analysis
- Group scheduling
- Departmental coverage
- Schedule import from 3rd party programs
The NOVAtime Flexible Report Writer offers a variety of report categories and templates, allowing users to create and customize reports on system and employee data. System administrators are able to pre-configure reports that are to be used by supervisors, while access features control what type of information users are allowed to report on. Additionally, NOVAtime reports may be published to all system users or emailed to designated supervisors only.
- Over 150 pre-installed report templates that can be customized, saved, and published
- Report customization, filtering, and sorting capability
- Report output in PDF, Excel, RTF, HTML, or CSV
- Print preview option
Pay Rule Setup
The NOVAtime Rules Setup module provides pay rules that are parameter driven and easy to set up, change, and track. Pay rules are tracked by pay codes that can be organized in up to twenty levels, each of which can support an unlimited amount of values. This allows for the configuration of various rules that affect how employee time is calculated.
- Shift rules – scheduled start/end, meals, breaks, and premium parameters
- Policy rules – pay period definitions, overtime, punch rounding rules, etc
- Holiday rules – paid hours, scheduled day before/after qualifiers, prorate hours based on historical hours worked, etc.
- Accrual rules – vacation, sick time, PTO, etc.
- Pay matrix rules – complex shift differential and premium rules
- Point system rules – automation of attendance policies
Security Access Groups
To ensure system security, while also providing user flexibility, the NOVAtime Access Group feature enables system administrators to configure role-based security access that supervisors and employees can be assigned to. The Access Group settings contain security rules that define which modules, pages, and other system features can be accessed and utilized by each group of system users or employees. Additionally, NOVAtime supports separate user interfaces and screen layouts for each user group, and every component of the solution can be granted or disabled.
- Options for Read-and-write, read-only, or no access
- Access configuration by group or at the individual user level
- Access restrictions based on IP address or phone number
- Unlimited amount of user groups
NOVAtime is web-based for all users, including payroll administrators, system administrators, supervisors, and employees. Self-service user accounts can be accessed through a PC via a standard web browser, as well as through selected time clocks, mobile apps, or the Phone-in System.
- Administrator Web Services – enables system administrators to set up and manage the NOVAtime solution according to company requirements
- Supervisor Web Services – provides supervisors with real-time information and features that enable accurate and efficient labor management
- Employee Web Services – enables employees to access their own time and attendance information online
Benefit Accruals & Comp-Time Banking
The NOVAtime Accruals feature provides accuracy and efficiency, while also eliminating the time-consuming manual tasks involved in the upkeep of accrual information. The system automates the tracking of employee balances and allows account credits and/or debits to be based on their attendance and seniority.
- Flexible computation rules
- Dual posting frequencies
- Automatic posting of debits/credits
- Automatic Comp-Time posting
- On-screen running balances
- Powerful reporting capability
Multiple standard posting frequencies on accrual hours provides flexibility in assigning a different posting frequency to each accrual code (e.g. sick and vacation for new hires on probation vs. regular employees).
The NOVAtime Pay Matrix feature is a powerful shift differential/premium engine that functions as an extension of the NOVAtime calculation engine. With many built-in options, the Pay Matrix feature is able to support complex calculation formulas without the need for custom programming.
- User-definable parameters for maximum flexibility
- Qualification of employee assignments, schedules, and work hours
- Distribution of hours/pay to designated pay codes
Make-up PayThe NOVAtime Make-up Pay feature allows employees to make up missed hours without impacting daily or weekly overtime rules. The system can either automatically apply the make-up hours, or it can require employees to generate requests for make-up schedules that must be approved.This allows an employee who has missed hours due to a personal emergency to make up hours during the same week, with no loss of pay, while also allowing employers to maintain their productivity without paying unauthorized overtime. This feature may be configured to allow employees to waive premiums and attest to company messaging during the waiver. See your labor law consultant before implementing this feature.
Break and Meal Premium
The Break/Meal Premiums feature can identify employees who have not taken their required scheduled breaks or meals. If configured accordingly, the system will then compensate the amount of time of the scheduled event based on their regular hourly rate.The NOVAtime Break Premium feature allows employees to receive additional compensation for missing a paid break. The Meal Premium feature ensures employees take appropriate meals and will automatically apply the meal premium, or commonly referred to ‘penalty’ should they be requested to work through either of these events.This feature makes it much easier to manage and monitor meal breaks and rest periods and can also track multiple events based on hours worked. This feature may be configured to allow employees to waive premiums and attest to company messaging during the waiver. Please refer to your labor law consultant before implementing this feature.
- Technical Specifications
- Maximum security of data, including Plynt Certification with 256-bit SSL encryption for each connection
- Failure protection provided by the load balanced, multi-tiered backend using Microsoft SQL Server
- Accessible with any web browser or mobile device
- Flexible integration platform allows seamless data exchange with most HR and Payroll platforms/services
- No need to pay for excess capacity.Lower total cost of ownership and quicker Return on Investment
- Supports pilot rollout – The scalability of the NOVAtime 4000 SaaS enables you to test its functionality, reliability and performance in limited deployments if necessary
- Enjoy Enterprise-class reliability and performance without the cost of a perpetual license, hardware and ongoing IT maintenance